The Caxton Club welcomes all enthusiastic bibliophiles: collectors, conservators, designers, binders, printers, librarians, editors, booksellers, publishers, and others interested in the book.
The Club meets for a reception, dinner and a guest speaker on the third Wednesday of the month from September through June. On the second Friday of the month from September through June, the Club meets for a buffet luncheon and program. Both meetings are held at the Union League Club, 65 West Jackson Boulevard in Chicago.
The Caxton Club offers Resident, Nonresident, and Junior categories of membership. Nonresident members are those living 50 miles or more from the city of Chicago. Those applying for Resident membership must attend two meetings in order to be considered for membership. Nonresident applicants need attend only one meeting.
To become a member, the applicant must:
• Have an interest in the book, including book collecting, the book arts, or literature
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Have attended two meetings for Resident membership or one meeting for Nonresident membership
• Be proposed by a Caxton member and seconded by another Caxton member
• Submit an application form (click here) that includes contact information and a short bio with book interests
• Have two letters, one from the proposer and one from the seconder, to support your nomination. Membership co-chairs will assist you to obtain the letters.
Annual membership dues and one-time initiation fees are as follows:
Dues and fees are reduced by 50% for those that qualify as Juniors (under 30 years of age)
Membership dues plus a one time initiation fee will be assessed upon the approval of the application. Please do not send payment prior to notification of being accepted.
Address inquiries to: The Caxton Club Membership Committee