The Caxton Club welcomes all enthusiastic bibliophiles: collectors, conservators,
designers, binders, printers, librarians, editors, booksellers, publishers, and others
interested in the book.
The Club meets for a reception, dinner and a guest speaker on the third Wednesday
of the month from September through June. On the second Friday of the month from
September through June, the Club meets for a buffet luncheon and program. Both
meetings are held at the Union League Club, 65 West Jackson Boulevard in Chicago.
The Caxton Club offers Resident, Nonresident, and Junior categories of membership.
Nonresident members are those living 50 miles or more from the city of Chicago. Those
applying for Resident membership must attend two meetings in order to be considered
for membership. Nonresident applicants need attend only one meeting.
To become a member, the applicant must:
• Have an interest in the book, including book collecting, the book arts, or literature
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Have attended two meetings for Resident membership or one meeting for
• Be proposed by a Caxton member and seconded by another Caxton member
• Submit an application form that includes contact information and a short bio with
• Have two letters, one from the proposer and one from the seconder, written on
behalf of the prospective member and submitted to the Membership Co-Chairs,
Susan Hanes and Jackie Vossler.
Annual membership dues are payable on a calendar year basis and are prorated for the
initial year of membership. Dues and initiation fees are as follows:
Address inquiries to:
The Caxton Club
Susan Hanes and Jackie Vossler
( email@example.com )